Throw pillows are indeed one of the most popular home decorative items nowadays; they are not only gorgeous looking but affordable as well. If you wanted to refresh, liven up, tone down or even compliment the look and feel of your home, use accent pillows.
Accent pillows are presented on various shapes and sizes. You can find miniature, extra large, and normal sized pillows on almost all home décor stores. Pillow shapes are also very diverse that one needs not to stick with the traditional square shaped throw pillows as circle, triangular, cylindrical and even uniquely shaped pillows are now widely available. Aside from shape and size, people are also concern on the type of throw pillow they wish to buy. Not just because they look good on your sofa means they can now be used in connection with your home design. Remember that different types of pillow suggest different forms of usage and one has to know their main differences first to avoid clash or conflict of design.
Aside from the traditional floral pillows or damask pillows, listed below are some of the major classes and types of throw pillow that are currently available on the market and or specialty stores. It is a must to know them first before buying to avoid conflict of design interest. Note that not all that glitters can look good on your home, sometimes you need to follow principles to avoid making your home looking funny or ridiculous.
- Needlepoint pillows – needlepoint pillows are no ordinary because they cover the entire canvass. They are not your usual printed or patterned throw pillows as decorative handwork are visible on all parts of the canvass and not just on the front or back alone. They are the most popular type of throw pillows as they can be used on stools and sofas without worrying that designs may not be visible all the time.
- Embroidered throw pillows – embroidered accent pillows are well loved by many consumers due to the fact that it employs intricate pattern and designs. Durability is also being admired as they are not plain printed pillows but rather embellished accent pillows. Cross stitch and Crewel are the two most popular options making the later one more high-end and deluxe looking. If you have heavy furniture at home, embroidered throw pillows will create a stunning luxurious appearance all the time.
- Hooked Occasional pillows – from the word “occasional” these pillows are only used on special occasions like Christmas, Birthday, Home coming and all other occasions. They are usually hooked on walls creating a temporary interior that can be easily removed after the holiday pass by.
- Silk pillows – this is a true luxurious throw pillow. Silk pillows are usually made from the finest silk fabrics creating a very soft but smooth finish perfect for accentuating high end furniture and designs. They come on various shades and color but then most consumers opt to use plain colored silk pillows to illuminate its one of a kind beauty and appeal.
- Custom pillows – if you want to combine two or more types of pillow, they are now classified as custom made accent pillows. For your exact needs, custom made pillow is indeed the greatest choice amongst all